Document Center

All documents are in PDF format. Download Free PDF Reader here.

 City Clerk - Ashlee Coronado                                          

  Phone: (520) 432-6012

 Deputy City Clerk - Nina Williams                  

  Phone: (520) 432-6011 / 432-6000




Click here to view Ronald Oertle, Mayor

Click here to view Councilmember Serena Sullivan WARD I

Click here to view Councilmember Eugene Conners WARD I

Click here to view Councilmember Douglas Dunn WARD II

Click here to view Councilmember Joan Hansen WARD II

Click here to view Councilmember Anna Cline WARD III

Click here to view Councilmember Shirley Doughty WARD III


City Clerk's Office:

The City Clerk Office is staffed by City Clerk, Ashlee Coronado and Deputy City Clerk, Nina Williams.

The City of Bisbee has had a City Clerk since it was first incorporated in 1902. After the Mayor and Council were selected, it was the job of the 1902 Council to select a City Clerk. Today, under the Bisbee City Charter, the City Clerk, appointed by the City Manager with the approval of the City Council, is responsible to the Mayor and Council. Back in the early 1900's, the City Clerk was responsible for the records of the City and also for City elections just like the City Clerk of today. While the records of yesterday were handwritten and later typewritten, today's agendas and minutes, ordinances and resolutions are prepared on computers and, while paper records are still maintained, records are now scanned and available for staff and the public in the City's Information Center. The City Clerk Office also provides updated information to the City website for those interested surfers.   

The City Clerk's Office is the information hub for the City by being the custodian of City records. The City Clerk is responsible for the minutes of all the meetings of Mayor and Council. The City Clerk's Office is responsible for responding to requests for Public Records in a timely manner for the general public.

The posting of Public Notices for all City meetings is a function of the City Clerk's Office, as well as the posting and publishing of City Ordinances in the three locations within the City:  City Hall, outside the Post Office in Old Bisbee, and inside the Post Office in San Jose. Members of the public who have electronic mailing may be placed on a mailing list to receive Public Notices by calling the City Clerk Office at (520) 432-6011 or (520) 432-6012. One can also contact the City Clerk Office if they wish to receive an agenda for a Council meeting

The Information Center is maintained by the City Clerk's Office and provides a personal computer program that allows one to research and gain access to city records much quicker and more efficiently than paging through paper documents. The public may also watch video tapes of council meetings or listen to audio tapes of meetings in the Information Center. For those who still like to thumb through documents, copies of the Bisbee City Charter, City Code, Zoning Code and the Bisbee Police Department Policy Manual are among the materials available in the Information Center.

The City Clerk's Office is responsible for the coordination of all city elections and promotes voter registration so that all citizens may have a voice in their municipal government. Voting registration forms may be obtained in the City Clerk's Office.

The City Clerk's Office, in keeping with its position of neutrality and impartiality, receives and distributes to the proper department any citizen petitions, complaints and requests for service.

Other services provided by the City Clerk's Office are: making of photocopies for the public, Notary Public services, and telephone and reception duties for City Hall.

While the main function of the City Clerk's Office is to store and maintain records for the City of Bisbee and the Mayor and Council, the electronic age has provided us with the ability to distribute information to the public in virtually seconds. No longer is the City Clerk nailing a notice to the side of a building that serves as a community bulletin board. Keeping this in mind, the City Clerk's Office shall continue to disseminate information that will make our mission more people-friendly, and shall work towards developing newer and quicker ways to provide information to our community and general public.




How do I obtain a copy of a public record?

Copies of public records are available through Records Requests in the City Clerk's office. Depending on your intended use, you may also need to complete an Affidavit of Commercial Purpose. Once a citizen has filled out a Records Request, the Clerk's office routes the request to the proper department. Upon receiving requested documents from staff, the Clerk's office will contact the citizen when their documets are ready to be picked up. The Clerk's office charges twenty-five cents per side for standard sized copies.  The City Manager may, under special circumstances, set additional fees, based on additional services required or other special conditions (Ordinance O-09-06).  Payment is due upon receipt of the records. For more information, please contact the Clerk's office at (520) 432-6011.


Where are paper copies of meeting times and other goverment postings placed?

Public Notices of Bisbee City Council meetings, Boards and Commission meetings and other government postings can be viewed at the following physical locations:

                 1 .  City Hall, 118 Arizona Street

             2. San Jose Post Office, 1248 West Highway 92

             3. Copper Queen Post Office, 6 Main Street, Old Bisbee                                                      


When does the City Council meet?

Bisbee City Council meets every first and third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers, located at 118 Arizona Street , Bisbee, Arizona.  Direction to the meeting can be obtained by contacting the City Clerk Office at (520) 432-6011or 6012.


How can I find out what is on the agenda for Council meetings?

The agenda packet consists of action items presented to Council for discussion and/or approval for each Regular, Special, or Work Session meeting, are available at City Hall prior to each meeting.  Agenda Packets are also posted on this web page,  and as a courtesy are provided via e-mail by the Clerk's office. Contact the City Clerk Office at 520.432.6011 if you wish to receive a copy of an agenda, via e-mail. Agenda are also available on the local government Channel 5 for Bisbee television audience.


Are the Council meetings televised?

All Council meetings (Regular, Special, and Work sessions) are broadcast live on our local government channel -- Channel 5. A video tape of a Regular session is made available for public viewing at 10:00 a.m. the day after a Council meeting (first and third Wednesdays), also on Channel 5.


What kind of government does the City of Bisbee have?

The City of Bisbee has a Council/Manager form of government with a directly elected mayor and six council members, two from each of three wards.


How often are the Mayor and Council elected?

The Mayor of Bisbee is elected every two years, in even numbered years. The Council Members are elected for four-year terms, one from each ward every two years.


How do I register to vote? Where do I vote?

Voter registration forms are available at City Hall, the Copper Queen Library, the County Recorder's Office and the County Special Elections Office or


Bisbee residents are the only voters eligible to vote in City of Bisbee elections. As the city contracts with Cochise County for election services and equipment, polling places may vary depending on when the election is held. Contact the Cochise County Recorder's Office at 520.432.8350 for information regarding your polling place to vote. 


What is the Bisbee City Charter? Does every city have one?

Article XIII of the Arizona Constitution and the Arizona Revised Statutes provide the guidelines for a Charter government. Any city with a population of more than three thousand five hundred persons may form a charter for its own government as long as it is consistent with the Constitution and the laws of the State. Once a charter is written by a group of citizens, called freeholders, an election must be held to approve the Charter. Bisbee became a Charter city in 1988. Changes to the Charter can only be made by submitting an amendment to the qualified electors of the city during a General or Special Election.


Where can I look at a copy of the City Code?

Copies of City documents, such as the City Code, the City Charter and the Zoning Code are available for reference purposes in the Information Center, located on the first floor of City Hall.  Interested parties may either read a hard copy of the document or access the document on the City website.  Copies are also available at the Copper Queen Library.